Sensor research and development leading to product development has always been one of Polestar Technologies’ core competencies. The Company is currently involved in the commercialization of sensors for oxygen (O2), pH, carbon dioxide (CO2), explosives, and ethylene for a variety of customers. Polestar government projects include the following:
- Polestar has supported the U.S. Air Force in developing sensors for oxygen (O2) that can be included in fuel tanks and fuel lines for aircraft. Our O2 sensor development has also been supported by NASA, NIH, and NOAA.
- We developed an ethylene monitor for the USDA.
- Our pH sensors have been developed for applications in the bioprocessing industry.
- Our carbon dioxide (CO2) sensor development has been part of a program supported by the U.S. Army, Navy, and DOE.
- Polestar has a program to develop high-speed stand-off detection of explosives for DARPA.