Project Planning and Implementation
Our Technology Consulting staff members have assisted clients in all areas of project planning and implementation. For nearly three decades, we have translated our clients' objectives into practical paths forward with real, measurable results.
We provide a Project Management foundation that allows every aspect of your technology implementation program to be successful.
- Prepare and evaluate contract solicitations/bid packages
- Identify performance metrics and milestones for developing incentive-based fee structures
- Develop infrastructure for adequate control and oversight capabilities during project implementation
- Develop quality program requirements to ensure project tasks comply with approved work plans, contract terms, program agreements, and guidance documents
- Provide technical support throughout the life-cycle of the project including In-Process Technical Reviews (IPTRs) and participating on technical task teams
- Interface with external stakeholders to meet all of their interests and advancing the client-stakeholder relationship through meetings and effective technology and information transfer
- Develop and implement information management systems
We address the full range of Information Transfer activities with close attention to the specific objectives and goals of the program, and a focus on implementation of the technology.
- Identify technology scale-up considerations and data gaps
- Identify equipment application and suitability to the task at hand
- Incorporate lessons learned from Technology Research & Development programs and knowledge base obtained from industrial experience
- Develop, implement, and review training programs
- Provide knowledge management throughout the life-cycle of the technology implementation
- Report results effectively
We provide Start-up Support to confirm the ability of a facility to meet design criteria including system performance, environmental permit conditions, and safety requirements.
- Design and develop start-up test plans to ensure that the test addresses all required criteria
- Provide proactive problem solving through our experience and knowledge of technology and plant start-ups
- Coordinate involved organizations such as Government and State regulators and commercial contractors
- Recognize systems interface problems and incorporate design improvements
- Provide engineering design change control to ensure overall objectives remain in check
- Verify performance through process monitoring, sampling and analysis, and data interpretation and management
- Analyze results against test criteria and develop recommendations
We provide comprehensive Owner's Oversight to ensure that the objectives of the project are met, progress information is relayed to the client, and the project remains on schedule and budget.
- Verify performance guarantees
- Collaborate with state and federal regulators to ensure permit conditions are achievable
- Resolve operational issues including troubleshooting
- Evaluate cost and schedule performance, identify variances from initial planning and convey this information to the owner
- Manage data for documentation and validation